Seven Pounds (starring Will Smith)

Not having television has led to an influx of movie-watching. Luckily, we have access to a wonderful public library which doesn't charge to borrow movies (unless you return them late). I like Will Smith. He was funny in his television debut as the Fresh Prince and has matured into an excellent actor who has not allowed himself to be pigeon-holed into any given character. I don't like all of his movies, but the only ones I won't watch are those with an R rating.

It took me two times watching Seven Pounds to get it all. Partly because it has a lot of subtle nuances and partly because I first tried watching it at 10 pm. I watch a lot of movies that way and not all of them get a second viewing. Some of them shouldn't have received a first viewing, but I digress.

In a nutshell, Will's character, Ben Johnson, has the ability to seriously change the lives of 7 people, but it requires him sticking to the plan. The plan starts to go somewhat awry when he becomes emotionally attached to one of the seven. Will the attachment prove to be the undoing of the plan or will Ben stick to the plan even though he will have to give up the attachment?

If you choose to watch this movie, (and I highly recommend it) make sure that you set aside a time where you won't be distracted or fall asleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Misery Loves Company

Hump Day

30 Days of Truth - Day 4