Happy New Year

So I'm trying to start the new year out right by actually keeping track of daily thoughts and happenings. We were up until 1:30 with friends and cleaning up a little of the mess made by the various poppers. Much more cleaning to do today but both trashcans are full and garbage man does come until tomorrow.

I'm thinking about resolutions. I guess we're supposed to make them, but I have found that having a list of goals isn't really my style. I know in my head what I want to do and I either do it or I don't. I don't need the guilt associated with being unable to scratch anything off the list.

Plus, it's not like I have any really bad habits like smoking or drinking or excessive overeating that I need to modify. No, my bad habits are more about attitude. So my one resolution that I'm really going to work at is to just be a happier person. Yeah, life can have its challenges, and I'm definitely facing some of my own. But complaining about them won't make them go away so I can either figure out how to get through the challenge and go forward or realize that the challenge is just one of those things that you have to live through until opposing forces are changed in some way I have no control over and just muddle through the best I can.

I also figure that if I'm happier then people around me will find it harder to be negative and will either get positive or go away. It's a win-win in my opinion.

So Happy New Year! I'm going to go put away all the Christmas trappings and set some part of my house to order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Misery Loves Company

Hump Day

The Jane Austen Book Club