Spring Break


Daniel and I were invited to join Pack 619 from Phoenix on their Webelos California trip over spring break. Their den leader/cubmaster has become a good friend and she has even agreed to be my asst. den leader next year when I head up the Tiger Den for Nicholas.

We traveled to a campground on Tuesday. I had been at the dentist the day before to deal with my toothache and the dentist gave me a prescription for Vicodin. I took one with lunch since I wasn't driving, believing this would be the best way to gauge how I reacted without putting anyone in danger. We learned very quickly that Vicodin makes me puke.

For dinner Tuesday night we went to Medieval Times. This is a dinner and a show place where you get served dinner with no utensils and watch the six knights of the various kingdoms engage in a tournament. Our group was cheering on the Red Knight - who incidentally ended up being the tournament champion.


Wednesday we spent at Disneyland. We had 6 adults, 4 older teen boys, and 11 scouts. We did a lot of walking and waiting, but the boys had a blast and Daniel made some new friends. Thursday we went to La Brea Tar Pits where we watched a short movie, wandered through the museum, spent money in the gift shop, and visited an excavation pit site. We went back to the camp site, ate dinner, and had a campfire show put on mostly be the older boys. Friday we came home and unpacked.


It was a great opportunity for Daniel and I to get some bonding time and I am grateful for the invitation and my loving husband who willingly took over the household in my absence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Misery Loves Company

The Jane Austen Book Club

30 Days of Truth - Day 4